Happy birthday on Christmas Day to Cameron Cook and Louis Phelan!
Wishing all our friends across the globe a peaceful Christmas
Birthday greetings Thursday to U7s MILCOL manager Joe Milton!
Firstly I would like to wish you all a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year as the club comes to an end of a very surreal 90th year.
Where do we start with 2020? As I look back over the year I see a lot of positives despite the bleak times and changes we have all had to overcome since Covid first reared its head.
Firstly let’s get rid of the negatives, we have seen the early cancellation of local football, the professional leagues finishing a season in August, Euro 2020 delayed to 2021, Olympics delayed to 2021, various lockdowns, tier structures implemented and a vaccine created and started to be rolled out. As a club we have lost a number of sides through players deciding to leave our club.
We have said goodbye to some giants in world football – Diego Maradona, Jack Charlton, Peter Bonetti, Norman Hunter, Martin Peters, Ray Clemence, Gerard Houllier, Radi Antic and many more in sports globally including the likes of Kobe Briant, Pat Patterson & Chadwick Boseman.
Now I don’t want this post to be to all doom and gloom because frankly it isn’t and not the time of year to be down in the dumps, so many positives have happened this year it’s hard to put into words how much we have to shout about, so if I miss anything here please don’t shout at me 😊.
Firstly and most importantly I want to say on behalf of myself and the Executive a massive THANKYOU to everyone affiliated with Bromley Green, be it coaches, players, parents, helpers, spectators and anyone who has provided support, advice and assistance in 2020. Without your hard work we certainly would not be in the position we are in now.
- Introduced an under 5’s academy
- Welcomed a number of new coaches and teams to the club
- Successfully transitioned to our temporary home at Sandyacres
- Successfully recovered and operated under Covid restrictions across all age groups
- Maintained a high level of external training despite having minimal facilities open for use
- Removal and construction of new clubhouse underway – scheduled to complete early 2021
- Successfully agreed contracts to become Charlton Community Trust Education hub starting 2021
- Improved senior pitch at Waterside ready for 2021
- Number of players in the younger age groups have started to train with Gillingham academy coaches
- Introduction of a Mental Health Champion – one of the first clubs in the Ashford area to complete this
With 2021 fast approaching as a club we are aiming to celebrate our 90th year even if delayed, welcome back tournaments and the much loved and entertaining veteran games.
We are also on the lookout for new coaches to help support us across all age levels as we want the club to keep growing but we need help on that front as ever, so any of the senior players, parents, fans or anyone looking to take an increased role in the club please don’t be shy.
This is my first time writing one of these so I would like to say once again please, enjoy your Christmas and New Year, keep yourselves safe and we will look forward to 2021 in our new home, with less restrictions. See you all in the New Year.